my twinnies' journey to the world!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My 2WW has just begun!

This is my 2nd shot at IVF... As I have remaining embies from the last failed attempt last Oct, I did FET this round. Based on the previous experience, I was very tense during ET and doc felt that that could have affected the chances of success... Imagine, other patients just need 10 mins to do ET, mine was half an hour!! Imagine having to control a full bladder for half an hour!! The agony was really indescribeable...

In preparation for the coming FET, my doc recommended to do a video laparoscopy to check that everything's all right in my uterus, at the same time, remove a polyp along the cervix that was obstructing the tube during the earlier ET procedure (which explains why my ET procedure took exceptionally long!). Fortunately, the video laparoscopy, done last Dec, revealed that all is fine.

For the FET this round, my doc advised that I be on GA so that my body will be on relaxed mood and hopefully, the chances of implantation is higher... I was really relieved that I can go for this option as my bladder control power is not so good.. haha... thus, will be especially tense if I need to hold a full bladder...

The FET procedure, done on 26th Mar @4.30pm, went very smoothly and i had no side-effects from the GA at all, except feeling a little gorgy for a while upon waking up. I rested at the ward for 3 hrs after the procedure, then went home. This morning, i went to the nearby supermarket to buy some liver and pork meat to cook lunch for myself for the next few days... haha.. i did take care to walk slowly, haha.. felt quite weird to be walking s o s l o w l y. . . it also felt good to breath in some fresh air...

My 2WW has just begun! Today is only the first day! Seriously, this round, I dared not have high hopes... All I can do now is to pray, eat well, sleep well, relax and leave the rest to fate!

No comments: