my twinnies' journey to the world!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Babies are doing well! ;P

Yesterday, I finally stepped out of the house as I've a follow-up appointment with my gynae. I had been a really good girl and resting in bed most of the time since the last bleeding incident 1.5 weeks ago. Putting up at my mum's place till the end of the first trimester is probably the most ideal solution as there's more support here.

During the scan (via vagina) today, we could even hear the babies' heartbeat! Really cool! Well, one baby measures about 2.9 cm and the other about 2.5 cm. They had practically doubled in size over 2 weeks. In fact, the smaller baby seems to be catching up and it actually tripled in size! Based on the sound of the heartbeats and the sizes, my gynae said that the babies are doing well. He also noticed that the blood clot (resulting from the previous bleeding incident) appeared smaller via the scan so as long as I continue to bedrest more and minimise movement, it should be fine.

Oh man, as for the progesterone jabs, that has to continue till end of first trimester so hubby would need to carry on his job for the next 3 weeks or so! Ha ha, my gynae was commenting if there's any more space at my bum bum to administer the jabs over the next few weeks!

No comments: