my twinnies' journey to the world!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, September 1, 2007

@24 weeks ...

I went for my 24th week scan on Tue, 28 Aug and my twinnies had grown considerably! The left twin's weight was @705g (this should be the boy) and the right twin @655g (the girl). They were moving quite a bit during the scan, though so the image captured was quite hazy...

The doctor wanted to control my blood pressure better so he prescribed my aspirin, to take 3/4 tablet per day. Hoewever, when I took the medicine the next day, my eyes got a little bit swollen; my eye lids looked as if there's a couple of mosquito bites there! Oh dear, looks like I am allergic to the medicine. The doctor advised that I stopped the medication immediately and he would discuss the next best course of action during my next appointment.

Yesterday, I had a departmental event. We went for a wine appreciation course at Wine Bos and it was informative and lots of fun. Well, the only drawback is I CANNOT DRINK! ARGHHHH!!! I did take a couple of sips of the first white wine though and that's about it. Although I can't drink, the food was great too! They served quite a variety, from cheese and crackers to nachos to sausages to chips! The waitress was pretty attentive and seeing that I am pregnant, she even served me iced water to dilute the effects of the alcohol. That's what I call great service!

No comments: